Yay, my so incredibly cool friend Sandy and her awesome hubby, Justin tagged me!
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
6 Random Things:
1. Like Sandy, I cover my head too in accordance with 1Corinthians 11.
2. I named my children so their names would rhyme. If we have more, I would conitnue to try to make their names rhyme. Timmy, Jimmy, Vinny, Lynnie, Minnie, etc.
3. I can do amazing things with a box of Rice A Roni.
4. I can still remember my very first phone number.
5. I wanted to be an ice cream man when I was little.
6. Long story....One time (I think in 2003), coming back to Portland from San Francisco for Christmas by myself (very easy 10 hour drive I did many times alone), I got stuck on the pass at the OR/CA border for 18 hours. It was snowing, and everyone stopped. They closed I-5 for 18 hours because big rigs were jackknifing down the hill. We all sat in our cars. One man died of a heart attack up there, and another woman got picked up by a helicopter because she was going into diabetic shock. And, because I wasn't planning on getting out of the car in that area, and I had just gotten back from CA, I only had FLIPFLOPS on! I was planning to get drive-thru Taco Bell in Medford, the next town, and I was sooo hungry! I accidentally peed my only pair of pants up there, and I had a cold. I found some nice ladies with blankets, and we blocked everyone's view while each of us took turns peeing in the middle of the freeway. After 18 hours, they turned us back around to CA to go back to Yreka and Weed, where there were no vacancies in motels, so I slept in a Baptist church. I finally made it home in Portland where there was more snow than there was in 8 years. I lived on a hill, and couldn't drive anywhere because it also rained then froze! I survived those 5 days on Pepsi and Doritoes from the Shell station that I walked to in Sketchers sneakers, jeans and 50 sweaters. Not a big fan of snow anymore. Needless to say, I don't travel by car in the winter to California.
Yolanda (her blog is private)